Thursday, October 4, 2012

You Don't Make SenseTo Me : Part 1 : Cyclops

There's a lot of things these days about comics which make it hard for me to enjoy them the way I used to when I was younger. As how some people would say it, we tend to grow out of things as we mature. So, I've decided to start a series of articles called "You Don't Make Sense To Me". First up is one of the iconic X-Men characters, Cyclops. I was thinking really hard about buying a Bowen Retro Cyclops statue for my collection. As with any purchase, I usually do plenty of research into the character's background as well as how he / she would appear and interact in a real world environment with all the laws of physics in place. That brought to mind one thing that didn't make sense about Cyclops. He has a very powerful optic beam... so powerful that it can take down a Sentinel. That's like having a battleship cannon on your shoulders instead of a head. Now imagine the powerful recoil that comes with something like that. In the real world, Cyclops would've given himself a whiplash to the neck in the least. Worst case scenario is that if he unleashed everything he's got, the recoil would snap his neck and either paralyze or kill him instantly. And with that in mind, I've killed my appetite for wanting any toy or statue of this x-man.

No comments:

Post a Comment